Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ashley is Eight Months Old!

 One of the things I like to do is keep a journal for my kids in which I write little updates on what they're doing, prayers, Scriptures, or little notes to let them know how special they are to me. As with most things in my world, keeping up with the kids' journals is something that I never have as much time for as I'd like but hope to be more consistent with "some day." Here is a bit from Ashley's jounal which I was able to get some time for on our recent trip to Illinois:



Sweet Baby,
How quickly you are crossing this span from infancy to toddlerhood! In your short 8 months of being in the outside world, you have reminded me again and again of the amazing craft of Almighty Creator. The milestones you've left behind are numerous--first smile, first tooth (you have three now--all on the bottom), rolling over, figuring out how to get thumbs, toes, and all sorts of other things in your mouth, crawling, climbing, pulling, laughing, babbling, and occasionally astonishing those around you with grunts snorts, yells, and an array of other noises that we didn't think a baby body could produce.

You have certainly mastered the art of getting around and seem to be working hard to let your family know that you may be the smallest, but you don't intend to be left behind. You have this yell that you do when you want someone to give you some attention--it's not a whiny, tantrum-throwing sound--just a matter-of-fact call that I imagine, if you could put into words, would be, "Hey, look at me," "Yo! I'm over here," or "Mommmm, I need some help please."

You are a doer, a goer, a knows-no-bounds type of girl. You explore, investigate, persist, and conquer.

What a delight it is to have you as my child! I love your belly-laughs when I bounce you on my knees, your 3-toothed grin peeking through the slats of your crib when I come get you after your naps, and the way you can make your Daddy smile after a tough day of work. You are absolutely adored by your big sister and ardently protected by your big brother. Eliana loves to play with you, snuggle you, and sing you to sleep when you're fussy on a long car ride. And Seth is always watching out to announce if you're getting too close to the stairs, trying to eat a puzzle (or a book, or a newspapaer . . . ), or that you've figured out some wonderful new feat.
We love you, Ashley Kay. You have enderared yourself to us and we thank God for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment