Monday, July 11, 2011

My First Muffin Tin Meal

The other day I stumbled across a blog called Muffin Tin Mom. As the title would indicate, this mom has a ton of creative, fun, and healthy ideas for serving up meals to her kiddos in muffin tins. I was immediately enchanted by the idea and thought this would be a great way to make our most-often-served breakfast of  hot 7 Grain cereal a bit more interesting. I decided to turn my muffin tin into a mini-buffet of oatmeal toppings and let the kids "dress" the cereal themselves.


Peanut Butter, Pureed Peaches, Raisins, Apple Sauce, Carob Chips, Milled Flax Seed,
Blueberries, and Strawberries. And two cups of carrot juice for the breakfast beverage.

adding some blueberries

mmmm . . .  such gooey goodness

yes, these are happy faces -- they loved it
getting ready to dig in
even Ashley got in on some of the fun

Our Muffin Tin breakfast was a huge success, and the kids are asking when we're going to do it again! Soon, I hope -- after I re-stock the fridge and cupboards with some more muffin-sized edibles. But for now I'm going to pop on over here to the Muffin Tin Mom and see what other MTMeals I can add to my menu planning.


7 comments:

  1. It looks like you did a great job with your first muffin tins. From the expressions on your kids' faces, they loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Welcome to Muffin Tin Monday - I've been an avid fan for about a year and a half now. Such a fun way to get kids to eat.

    I like oatmeal but can only eat it in the winter months. I like mine w/ pb, chia seeds, and about 7 chocolate chips. Am I spoiled or what?

    The fruits you put in look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tin is so healthy. There are food in it I need to try with JDaniel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm yummy! What a great way to serve toppings! Thanks for sharing! I'll have to try this(0:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! And you got them to share a tin! We would like to feature your tin on our site next Monday with your permission.
    www.inthekitchenwithaudrey.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so yummy! What a great first tin.

    ReplyDelete