Friday, May 13, 2011

31 Days to Clean-Week 2

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading and working Sarah Mae's book, 31 Days to Clean. It's just what I needed to get me spurred on with the daunting task of Spring cleaning my home. The daily devotionals have been so relevant and convicting. The challenge to keep going, push on, do something, and not give in to that overwhelmed feeling that so often leads to laziness has come back to my mind over and over. Becase that's what I struggle with day after day! I need these reminders!
I started this month having just returned from my Grandmother's funeral which set me back a bit with getting started on the Martha Challenges. I've also spent an unusual amount of time away from home this month. By the end of the month, I will have been out of town a total of 11 days. So, obviously, I haven't been able to do the in-depth cleaning because of the need to double-up on tasks most days. But I have been getting them done and have enjoyed realizing the tasks that I would normally overlook, such as washing the living room curtains. Washing curtains is so easy to ignore when piles of dirty dishes and laundry seem to be multiplying faster than I can get them cleaned and put away. That's why I love lists--they remind me of jobs I wouldn't normally think of doing, and they make me feel okay that I'm leaving a basket (or three) of unfolded clothes in order to get on with these not-so-common tasks. I may end up carrying my Martha Challenges over into June, but as long as I keep plugging away on them I'll be happy to have them completed even if I am late.
On the other hand, being away from home has afforded me extra time to spend on the Mary Challenges which is, without a doubt, what I need most. I've had more time to focus, pray, and write. I have no doubt that God put the 31-day challenge, my grandmother's death, and fun family get-aways all in my life at the same time so that I could see His hand at work and get the most out of each situatoin!

http://joyfulmothering.net/2011/05/06/tag/31-days-to-clean/



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by Taylor Made Home. I'm glad you liked my post about what makes a home. Contentment is something that the Lord is always working on me with. I am going to have to purchase this 31 days to clean book! I didn't realize it had Mary and Martha Challenges! It sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete