The small group that Chris and I are part of recently did a 4-month series on Emerson Eggerich's book Love & Respect. One of the main points Eggerich drives in his book is that couples' contrasting and sometimes quirky preoccupations or opinions are not necessarily wrong, they're just different. With that in mind, and in honor of our 5th anniversary which Chris and I are celebrating today, I put together a fun little list of some of the differing opinions that exist in this marriage and keep it interesting. I think it'll be quite obvious which one is "his" list and which one is "her" list. Here goes . . .
Salty . . . . . Sweet
Chips . . . . . Chocolate
Weird Al . . . . . Charlotte Church
24 . . . . . Jon & Kate + 8
"I'll stay up till 3 AM if I have to" . . . . . "I think I'll just finish this tomorrow—or maybe next week"
"I'll just have a sandwich again today" . . . . . "Let's try some alu makai tikki * "
"I gotta win!" . . . . . "I just play to have fun"
Math . . . . . English
Chemistry . . . . . Botany
John Grisham . . . . . Jane Austen
Golf . . . . . Bike Trails
Night Owl . . . . . Early Bird
Airplanes . . . . . Road Trips
Holiday Inn . . . . . KOA
Cheerios (of course!) . . . . . Oatmeal
Subway . . . . . Olive Garden
Flight Similator . . . . . Facebook
*Indian corn and potato cake
LOL!! That is a great list! I ought to make one for Brent & I!
ReplyDeleteMy dh and i are totally different, too. It's a wonder we ended up together. But it's great. I had a debate partner in HS, and he and i were about as different as it gets, but i think that's why we did so well--we sort of covered all the bases, although at times we thought the other was way off track.
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing to meet you, Lacinda!