Our God has said
That two shall join 'til one is dead.
And so today I ask the Lord
To help me keep this sacred word-
My covenant and promises
To you, this hour--and show a mes-
sage jof His pow'r.
I pledge that health
And stable girth or lack of wealth
And want of mirth shall not become
The notice of my love. Our home
Shall be a place of rest where I
Love God above your grace so my
Weak heart might have more strength to love
You as the gift you are. This cov-
enant today, my vow to you,
Is that I'll strive to take my cue
From Christ, our God, who gave His life-
With joy!-for us, His church, His wife.
Now with this ring upone your hand--an emblem of our wed, this band-
I bond myself to you as one, in love, until our days are done.
My vows:
I also make a pledge
That I will never let a wedge
Of hunger for this world come to
Be driven twixt my love for you.
From parents who do love us free,
My father now has given me.
And so I take you as my head,
Submit, and turn to dress our bed.
By God, the Source, I'll bring you grace
And make our home a peaceful place
For family--as you do leave
Your parents and to me do cleave.
Our Lord's design to complement
My strength and you with such a bent
As only women tend to know
Is good for you as time will show.
I'll take my cues from how we love
Our God who is a might dove.
Now with this ring upon your hand--an emblem of our wed, this band-
I bond myself to you as one, in love, until our days are done.
No comments:
Post a Comment